Arrival and Departures:
- Your room will be available from 4.15 pm.
- You may call earlier (from 9am) and leave your bags if you wish to do so.
- Please leave your room by 10.30am on the day of your departure.
Directions and Transport
The North West Highlands are accessible by road, plane and train.
- Take the A87 to Kyle of Lochalsh and drive through the town and out towards Plockton.
- After driving through the village of Erbusaig and up over the grazing you will come to the sign for Drumbuie.
- After this sign take the sharp left into the village and follow the road around to the right.
Taigh na Colum Cilli is the second house on the right.
Parking is off road in front of the house.
- from London Euston (First ScotRail – we recommend the sleeper!)
- from Kings Cross (East Coast Trains)
Then pick up the train to Kyle of Lochalsh or hire a car.
Flybe and EasyJet have flights to Inverness from within the UK.
The train runs between Plockton and Kyle of Lochalsh and stops a short walk from the village (over styles)
There is a local taxi and hire car firm.
For those without a car we can offer local lifts by arrangement @20p per mile.
Please pay by cash – there are cash withdrawal machines in Kyle of Lochalsh.
Having spent many wonderful holidays up around the Lochalsh and Isle of Skye area we decided to put down roots here. We bought the house in 2007 and after years of planning and building we are now open for bed and breakfast guests. Lesley lives up here permanently with her family whilst Susie travels to and from her husband, children & grandchildren and work down in the far south.
We do hope that you have a very comfortable stay and enjoy this part of the Scottish Highlands as much as we do.